Monday, July 4, 2011

Desserts spelled backwards is...


Well hello!! Long time no see huh? Yeah well I've had a lot to say yet nothing at all so there, take that!! Speaking of which tonight I said hey I really feel like blogging...so I get home, get comfy, grab my snacks, then my A.D.D kicks in.  I started tweeting, sending texts, checking Facebook, play a little Wii and the list goes on everything but blog.  Finally, I sit down crack the ol knuckles and what happens...*blank stare* yup completely blank.

 I spend my days non stop thinking and when its time to regurgitate my thoughts on this screen, I can't.  Hmm that's rich!  So here I am...blank staring the screen while you read me rambling...ha ha time wasted out of your life.  JUST KIDDING!! Well not about the drawing a blank but about you wasting your time, calm down! At any rate, guess I'll enlighten you to what's been going on with me.


Well my mood lately has been a bit how shall we say scatter brained.  You ever have those feelings of having so much going on that you truly have no idea of if you are coming or going?! Yeah well you know what I feel about that feeling...it sucks

What do you do when you stress level is at death-con 5...

What do you do? Grab a glass o wine or just become a professional booze hound?

Well I guess is that works for ya, I won't judge you. Yeah not the route for me...

Hmm well is that not you either? Then who are you the chain smoker?
Again not me...

Are you the person who then just turns into more of a work a holic?

Yeah that one I think used to be me....but I've evolved...I'm going to be totally honest and say with all the stress I do two things turn into...

and

Is this the first time I've been pulled in several directions?

Well.no, of course not but for some reason I can be honest enough to say sometimes we have so much on us that we have a hard time handling it when someone else adds that nice little cherry on top.

Well I know what your thinking ok yeah well...well the point is...
  the stress isn't going away.


BUT we can evaluate and decide what things we can get rid of or change to de-stress some.  I know that sounds corny but hey whatever, it works.  I did just what I said and sat down and thought what is really getting to me...some things I cannot control so, I said OK those things are what they are.  However, within those situations there were things I could just accept and move on, because guess what.  They aren't going to change and we can only control ourselves and our actions.  Then I thought about any extra unnecessary stress and there was some of that as well.  So what did I do...let go or at least made a conscious effort to let it go .  No sense in hanging on, right?! Right!


Life is soooo short and we cannot spend our time just stressed out.  We can be here today and gone tomorrow.  God gave us today as a present thus why we live in the present.  Let's step back put it in perspective and think about who we can be a blessing too. Because think about it...no matter how bad our situation TRUST me there is someone else's situation that is 10x worse!

Once we get out of our own way and let God lead doors will open up that we never knew were even there in all aspects of our lives. Chose to de-stress. choose happiness although Lord knows that isn't always easy! You can do it I know you can! Ok blog ya later! :)

3 comments:

  1. Working on getting rid of stress...I try my hardest but for some reason doesn't last long especially when my stress comes from the everyday grind where you feel like what for? You see a bunch of malarkey going on but can't say or do anything about it... I try to let go & let God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ajeenah, I get it...its an ongoing thing. We all deal with it! Its just a matter of taking control of you...if it is something you can control then do what you need to. If it is something you cannot control just breathe, pray and keep moving. Otherwise, you get yourself worked up over something that isn't going to change. Think about it...someone throws a bolder in the middle of the street. You get out of your car, sob, cry and cuss in front of that boulder. Does that move the boulder? Well, of course not! So, then what do you do most likely you get in your car and you do what? Calmly come up with a plan which is most likely to go around that boulder. That's all I am saying if you can't control the situation or issue find a different angle to overcome the obstacle that won't cause you alot of undo stress. I'm not saying its easy, I battle it everyday as well but you have to catch yourself and make an effort. Good luck remember...can't have a positive life with a negative mind. (Joyce Meyers)

    ReplyDelete